Croydon Camera Club’s next meeting is a talk by member Mike Farley on “Aspects of Composition” next Wednesday, May 30.
How can a world which exists in three or four dimensions be represented in just two?
This lecture starts by exploring the role of composition when creating an image with impact before examining human perception, using real examples in which the audience participates. There are some surprises as our minds can play some strange tricks and not everything is as it first seems.
The main section of the talk then looks at how to apply this understanding to a wide range of compositional techniques. The advice given can improve anyone’s photography.
The presenter, Mike Farley, is an award-winning photographer and throughout uses many examples of his work to illustrate the points which he makes. It is an evening not to be missed.
It is free to attend.
The talk, which begins at 8pm, takes place at Shirley Methodist Church Hall, Eldon Avenue, Shirley, Croydon, CR0 8SD.
The Croydon Camera Club caters for photographers of all abilities and new members are always welcome to attend on a free trial basis to see if the Croydon Camera Club is right for them.
For more information about the Croydon Camera Club, check out http://www.croydoncameraclub.org.uk or write to email@example.com
- You can help to support independent, investigative, community journalism in Croydon, and for just £1 per week. Click here to become part of Inside Croydon’s growing team of supporters
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org