Whitgift School in South Croydon is taking part in the Open Garden Squares Weekend next month, with an additional Open Garden afternoon staged in July in aid of the NSPCC.
It is a rare opportunity for the general public to enjoy the school’s range of gardens, complete, according to Whitgift, “with exotic wildlife, bonsai trees and maze”.
Traditional afternoon tea will be on sale in the Founder’s Garden.Open Garden Squares Weekend
Sunday June 10
Admission (payable on the door): £4 adults, children U12 free
NSPCC Open Garden
Wednesday July 25
Admission (payable on the door): £4 adults, children free
All proceeds from ticket sales will go to the event charity.
Most garden areas are accessible by wheelchair.
- You can help to support independent, investigative, community journalism in Croydon, and for just £1 per week. Click here to become part of Inside Croydon’s growing team of supporters
- Inside Croydon Events: for the most comprehensive community events listings, updated daily
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com