WIN! We have an exclusive South Norwood Tourist Board T-shirt to give away – the fashion item to be seen wearing in south London this festival season – in our free-to-enter competition
Next month, the South Norwood Tourist Board, the people behind Picklesfest and the renaming of one of the local lakes after one-time resident Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle, will be staging their first grand guided tour of the area.
Nor is the Tourist Board the only people in Croydon who have gone into the guided tour business, with the Taking The Rise gallery now charging a tenner a time to saunter around the town centre looking at “street art” which may, or may not, have been subsidised out of your Council Tax.
The Tourist Board’s tours took many thousands of hours of careful consideration and planning, involving many hundreds of pints.
But it set us to wondering: what special sites in the borough of Croydon would our loyal reader like to see included in future tours to surprise and delight fellow residents and visitors from far and wide?
And that’s what you have to do in our competition. In no more than 100 words, give us the site, building, venue or location that you think is a must for future tour organisers. Your chosen site or building must be within the Borough of Croydon.
The entries, which must be with us by the deadline of June 8, will be considered by our judges panel of Jane Nicholl, of the SNTB, walker Ken Towl, and Inside Croydon editor Steven Downes.
The person who sends in the best, most imaginative or entertaining entry will receive an extra-large SNTB T-shirt. There are no cash alternatives. If the T-shirt’s the wrong size, then wear it as a nightie.
The judges’ decision is final, and we might just decide to publish some of the better entries in due course. Usual Ts&Cs apply.
Send your entry – remember, no longer than 100 words – by email to email@example.com and put the words “Croydon tours” in the subject line.
- You can help to support independent, investigative, community journalism in Croydon, and for just £1 per week. Click here to become part of Inside Croydon’s growing team of supporters
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org