The Pets At Home store near the Fiveways junction on the Purley Way is this month raising money for Croydon Cats Protection, to help homeless pets as part of a summer fundraising event launched by the country’s largest donor of pet welfare grants, Support Adoption For Pets.
Support Adoption For Pets has challenged Pets At Home stores across the UK to raise more than £550,000 by July 3 for pet rescue centres.
“The summer fund-raising drive is a great opportunity for people to make a small donation that can make a massive difference to a pet rescue centre,” the charity’s fund-raising manager, Amy Wilson, said.
“We’re always so impressed by the great effort that stores go to to raise money for their local rescue, and we can’t wait to see what this year holds.”
In 2017, Croydon’s Pets At Home store raised more than £1,300 for Croydon Cats Protection. This month, there is a range of in-store fundraising activities, including the opportunity to buy a £1 scratch card, and the chance to win prizes including one of five HD TVs, 20 Echo Dots, National Trust memberships and Love2Shop vouchers.
Support Adoption For Pets is an independent charity established by Pets at Home in 2006. Since then it has helped more than 1,000 rehoming centres and animal welfare organisations across the UK. In addition to its fundraising work, it also runs dedicated adoption centres in more than 439 Pets at Home stores.
For more information visit www.supportadoptionforpets.co.uk
- HELP KEEP INSIDE CROYDON ONLINE: For just £4 per month, you can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org