Youngsters aged 16 and under can use swimming pools at five Croydon leisure centres for free this summer.
People will be able to complete an application form online through Greenwich Leisure’s website, or through the self-service machines at their nearest leisure centre. Customers will then have to collect their card from within the centres. ID may be required should someone appear to be over 16, or under eight.
Eight-year-olds and younger are entitled to free swimming but must be accompanied by an adult, who must register them.
Registration for the free swimming cards will open mid-July. The £2 membership card that can be used throughout the summer.
The free swimming sessions begin from July 21 and run through until Sunday September 2.
The council-issued press release failed to specify where the five leisure centres in the borough offering free swimming sessions might be; they probably include Waddon Leisure Centre, New Addington, Purley Pool, South Norwood and Thornton Heath.
There were more than 20,000 free visits to Croydon’s pools last summer.
This offer is available during general Swim 4 All sessions – check the pool opening times online as these differ for each centre.
- HELP KEEP INSIDE CROYDON ONLINE: For just £4 per month, you can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com