Take a two-mile guided tour with the Kenley Revival learning officer to find out more about RAF Kenley’s significant Battle of Britain history.
Hear the stories of real people that worked and lived at RAF Kenley during World War II, venture into our air raid shelter and handle our collection of replica World War II objects.
The tour is being staged on August 1 and will start from the Hayes Lane entrance to Kenley Common at 10am, please arrive on time.
The event is outdoors and therefore suitable clothing must be worn. Surfaces may be uneven and slippery. The route will be a mixture of surfaced path and grass and therefore suitable footwear must be worn.
There is no parking available onsite and we would encourage you to travel by public transport (details can be found here). Limited parking is available on Hayes Lane which is closest to the RAF Kenley Tribute where the walk will commence.
There are no toilet or refreshment facilities available.
Children attending the tour must have their own ticket and be supervised by a parent or guardian.
- HELP KEEP INSIDE CROYDON ONLINE: For just £4 per month, you can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com