The Kenley Revival Project presents the first in a series of lectures to remember the history of RAF Kenley and those that served there during wartime.
The first talk, to be held on September 11, will be delivered by Kev Barnes, the regional operational co-ordinator at the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
This fascinating lecture will discuss the war graves of St Luke’s Churchyard, which were the final resting place for some of the brave airman who served at RAF Kenley.
The talk will be held at St Luke’s Church, Whyteleafe Hill, CR3 0AA (closest railway station Upper Warlingham) from 5.30pm.
Click here to book your free tickets now.
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org