Take a tour of the most intact fighter airfield from World War II on Battle of Britain Day, September 15, led by the Kenley Revival Project in conjunction with Heritage Open Days.
Learn about RAF Kenley’s significant Battle of Britain history and hear about the people that served at Kenley and how the Kenley Revival Project have conserved and preserved the site.
The event is outdoors and therefore suitable clothing must be worn. Surfaces may be uneven and slippery. The route, which is around two miles long, will be a mixture of surfaced path and grass and therefore suitable footwear must be worn.
There will be two time slots for this tour: 10.30am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-3.30pm.
There is no parking available on site and the organisers would encourage you to travel by public transport. Limited parking is available on Hayes Lane which is closest to the RAF Kenley Tribute, the starting point of the walk.
There are no toilet or refreshment facilities available.
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org