The Kenley Revival Project invites you to join them for a walk and talk around Kenley Airfield on August 20.
Learn some stories of the airfield you may not already know.
“This weekend is the anniversary of the Hardest Day at Kenley, join us in remembering,” they say.
Led by the Kenley Revival project manager, learn about RAF Kenley’s significant Battle of Britain history and hear about the conservation, preservation and restoration of one of Britain’s finest examples of “Impermanent Architecture”.
The event is outdoors and therefore suitable clothing must be worn. Surfaces may be uneven and slippery. The route will be a mixture of surfaced path and grass and therefore suitable footwear must be worn. The route is approximately two miles.
There is no parking available on site and we would encourage you to travel by public transport. Limited parking is available on Hayes Lane which is closest to the RAF Kenley Tribute where the walk will commence.
There are no toilet or refreshment facilities available.
The walk is free. To book your place, click here.
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com