The Crystal Palace Subway, one of the last intact remains of that wonder of the Victorian age, the Crystal Palace, is staging an open day on Saturday September 8.
It will be part of Heritage Open Days.
Those visiting the open day, the entrance to Crystal Palace Subway is on Crystal Palace Parade, opposite the park between bus stop B and C.
Please expect queues.
Note that there is no wheelchair access to the subway. Buggies, pushchairs, scooters etc. need to be left at street level. Only assistance dogs.
Opening times will be announced shortly. For more information, visit the Friends of Crystal Palace Subway website here.
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com