The Switchback 5 is a tough, off-road run through Lloyd Park and the Addington Hills, reaching one of the highest points in Croydon before turning back for the scurry downhill towards the finish line.
This year’s event, organised by Striders of Croydon, is being held on September 30.
It’s a popular warm-up to the cross country season for club runners, but is also ideal for runners of all abilities looking to step up from Parkrun or Race for Life.
The Switchback 5 represents great value, with entry fees this year at £6 attached and £8 unattached for entries before the day – £2 extra for entries on the day.
All finishers receive a free memento and this year they’ll also be able to enjoy free tea and cake at our Sandilands clubhouse after the race.
Prizes will be awarded to the winners of the men’s and women’s races, with trophies for places, teams (three to score) and the winners of M40, M50 and M60 and F35, F45 and F55 categories.
The start of the race is in Lloyd Park, a couple of minutes jog from the Race HQ at Sandilands clubhouse, Addiscombe, Croydon, CR0 5DB.
Lloyd Park and Sandilands are on the Croydon Tramlink network, a couple of stops from East Croydon mainline station.
The start and finish in Lloyd Park and the viewing platform in Addington Hills are good places to spectate.
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com