Want to give Morris dancing a try? Here’s your chance.
One of the area’s more colourful groups, the Wild Hunt Bedlam Morris, is having an open evening next Tuesday, September 18.
“Come along, watch some dances, ask some questions, have a go,” they say.
The evening begins at 8.30pm at The Scout Hut, 113-115 St James’s Road.
The Wild Hunt Bedlam Morris will be performing in public on Saturday, September 15, with their annual Day of Dance on the south bank of the Thames, at venues not far from London Bridge Station.
“We’ll be back on Bankside this year to celebrate our 27th birthday, and we’ve invited lots of friends – Rampant Rooster, Old Palace Clog, Phoenix Morris Dancers, DeadHorse Morris and The Broomdashers,” they say.
“So come along, watch lots of great dancing and tell us all we don’t look a day over 21.”
Their schedule is:
11am to noon: The Millennium Courtyard, Southwark Cathedral
12.15pm to 1pm: The Anchor
2.30pm to 3.30pm: The Golden Hinde II
3.45pm to 4.15pm: Hay’s Galleria
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org