Children In Need, the BBC’s annual charity telethon, will be filming a fund-raising celebrity edition of Bargain Hunt at Farleigh Golf Club in Selsdon on October 3.
Bringing the hammer down on a wide range of money-spinning lots will be south London-based Catherine Southon, the TV auctioneer who regularly uses the Selsdon venue for her larger sales.
Up for sale – with all the proceeds going to a range of deserving children’s causes – will be a series of 25 experiences donated by celebs, including afternoon tea with antiques expert Eric Knowles, going to a cricket match with Bargain Hunt’s Charlie Ross, or wear a necklace that belonged to Anita Manning, another of the antiques TV show’s pundits.
It will all be part of a fine art auction of more than 500 lots of furniture, textiles, paintings, ceramics, silver, jewellery, toys and militaria.
“We are thrilled that BBC Bargain Hunt has chosen us to host the Children In Need Celebrity auction for the second consecutive year,” Southon said.
“Last year our auction raised the most money that any auction had made before for Bargain Hunt Children In Need, and now we need to do better!
“It’s a great day out. It’s a fantastic cause. And I guarantee you will have fun and you might go home with a bargain.”
Bargain Hunt fans are encouraged to come along to the filming and the auction of the lots which will take place from 10.30am.
Those who cannot attend can leave bids in advance or participate in the auction via the-saleroom.com.
Viewing of the lots, which are included in Catherine Southon’s October auction, will take place on Tuesday, October 2 between 9am to 5:30pm and on Wednesday, October 3 from 9am to 10.30am.
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com