The Emer Casey Foundation and Herne Hill Harriers would be delighted to see you at the very special 10th anniversary edition of the annual Emer Casey London 10K in Brockwell Park, Herne Hill, on Sunday, November 18 at 9.30am.
This is a community event in a picturesque park in South London which is open to runners, joggers and walkers of all abilities. We can guarantee that our marshals will encourage you and make you feel welcome whatever your standard or level of fitness. As always, all of the race proceeds will be used to fund research into the causes and detection of ovarian and uterine cancer and for the first time every finisher will receive a memento promoting the work of the Foundation and a goody bag.
Entries are now open. The race will be held under UK Athletics rules. The entry fee is £11 plus booking fee (total £12.50) for club runners with a UKA competition licence and £13 plus booking fee (total £14.50) for unaffiliated runners. Entries will be accepted on the day provided that the entry limit of 300 has not been reached, although the on the day entry fee will be £17. Please enter in advance if you can as it makes things easier to administer on the day.
As this is a licensed event, we regret that it is not permitted for children under the age of 15, or runners to push a buggy around the course or run with animals.
Race instructions will be emailed to all entrants and race numbers will be available for collection on the day.
The race HQ will be situated in the start/finish area near Brockwell Lido. Changing facilities and toilets will be accessible in Brockwell Lido and supervised baggage storage facilities will be available.
We will have a new course this year. Runners will start by completing a smaller loop of about one mile followed by three full laps of the traditional course. Water will be available on the course and at the finish.
Prizes will be awarded to the first 3 men and the first 3 women and, outside of these positions, prizes will be awarded in the following age categories: M35-39; W35-39; M40-44; W40-44; M45-49; W45-49; M50 and above; W50 and above. There will also a prize for the first men’s and first women’s teams to finish – 3 runners per team based on cumulative times. Spot prizes will also be presented – everybody has a chance to win something!
Enquiries should be directed to the race email address which is firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details about the work of the Emer Casey Foundation, please go to www.emercaseyfoundation.com.
- Support news-breaking local journalism for just £4 per month, and qualify for special money-off discounts. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source. Still here, after eight years, based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com