Local police staged a special operation in Wandle Park yesterday, making two arrests and issuing one penalty notice, as they responded to residents’ concerns over increasing incidents of anti-social behaviour and drug-dealing.
According to the Waddon ward police, today they are making a submission to have two CCTVs installed around the park to assist in crime control in the area, where last month there was an attack on a woman, which is being investigated as a rape case.
According to a police source, “Yesterday we ran an action day at West Croydon and Wandle Park with a large number of officers.”
The police made one arrest for “immigration offices”, one arrest for possession with intent to supply, one knife was recovered from 15 stop and searches, and one penalty notice for disorder was issued to someone in possession of cannabis.
“We are also attending the Joint Action Group Meeting this afternoon where we will be applying to have CCTV fitted at both ends of Westfield Road,” the police said.
“One camera will hopefully monitor the gate into the car park of Wandle Park and one will hopefully cover the Pitlake car park.”
- This piece of local news reporting was brought to you without a penny of subsidy from the BBC. If you want to support local journalism, based in the borough, sign up today as an Inside Croydon supporter
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for twoaward-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org