One of the town centre’s biggest businesses, Allianz, has launched a search for its 2019 local charity partner as part of its commitment to giving back to the community.
Allianz Partners UK employs around 500 people at their George Street offices near East Croydon Station.
They say that they want to continue to build upon the company’s established CSR – or corporate social responsibility – programme, “Dare to Care”, over the next 12 months by establishing a partnership with a local charity to drive fundraising activities and awareness campaigns.
This year, Allianz Partners’ CSR programme included visits to Foal Farm and Frylands Scout Centre, where volunteers supported these two local initiatives to complete a variety of building, clearing and redecorating projects.
Throughout the year, Allianz employees engage with a variety of charity fundraising events, but in 2019, the business is looking to take their charity work to a whole new level.
“Having been based in Croydon for nearly 40 years, Allianz Partners UK has worked with numerous charities, supporting local projects whenever we can through fundraising, donating gifts, and volunteering our time to help create change in the community,” said Simon Kirby, pictured, the company’s head of marketing communications.
“We are also one of the founding partners of Croydon Commitment, the community charity project involving many of the area’s businesses, and we developed our CSR programme to benefit our local community, ensuring we have a measurable impact within and around Croydon and Surrey.
“Not only is the charity and CSR work important for the wider community, it helps employees to broaden their social awareness, become engaged with local activities and develop their own skills.
“We are calling for local charities that believe they could benefit from partnering with us so that we can make an even greater impact in 2019 and continue the fantastic efforts of our team so far.
“By working closely together, we can help them hit their annual objectives and offer support and guidance wherever we can.”
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com