Inside Croydon readers who want to help to celebrate CODA’s big birthday party next week can now do so with a really Spectacular money-saving offer.
CODA – the Croydon Operatic and Dramatic Association – is marking its 75th anniversary year by staging Spectacular, Spectacular, an exhilarating revue of entertainment, song and dance, at the Braithwaite Hall on Katharine Street from next Wednesday, November 7, until Saturday, November 10.
And Inside Croydon readers can have a big night out together in the night club-style setting when they book five tickets for the price of four using a special booking code.
CODA’s cabaret features favourite numbers from past productions.
The show includes beloved classics from Rogers and Hammerstein and Gilbert and Sullivan, to modern hits from Little Shop Of Horrors, Fame, Chess and Beauty and the Beast, alongside immortal songs from Oliver, Guys and Dolls and My Fair Lady and many more.
There might even be a number from, well, Cabaret, too.
The show features a cast of 22, plus a live band.
The show is directed by Sasha Cherry, musically directed by Ian Rae and Robert Randall and hosted by Peter Bramwell and David Sanders.
CODA was founded in 1943, and is Croydon’s leading community theatre company, performing both musicals and plays to a professional standard. Recently, the company has performed acclaimed versions of Fame, West Side Story, The Railway Children, The Wind In The Willows, Witness For The Prosecution, All That Fosse, Rope, Into The Woods and Blithe Spirit, alongside concerts and Old Time Music Halls.
CODA have also become known for their summer productions at Wandle Park, including A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Much Ado About Nothing and Romeo and Juliet, Oscar Wilde’s The Importance Of Being Earnest and Gilbert and Sullivan’s The Pirates of Penzance.
Spectacular Spectacular has evening performances starting at 7.30pm from November 7 to 10, and a matinee on November 10 at 2.30pm.
Tickets are £12.50 for adults and £11 for concessions, if booked individually. Bookings of four or fewer tickets can be made here.
CODA’s special group offer sees you able to book five tickets for the price of four – so £50 – for any performance.
To take advantage of this exclusive money-saving offer, and have a night out with your mates, email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Inside Croydon”.
Because after all, when you go, you wanna go like Elsie…
- Please support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking local journalism. It’s just £4 per month, and you qualify for special discounts and offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source. Still here, after eight years, based in the heart of Croydon
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com