The Croydon Art Society has won the national Art Club of the Year award.
The award is run by two art magazines The Artist and Leisure Painter.
The Croydon Art Society was nominated as a finalist for the second consecutive year.
The Society had to submit five works, which were exhibited until last weekend at the Patchings Art Festival near Nottingham, where final judgement took place.
The prize comprises a voucher for artists equipment, the sponsorship of one the Society demonstration evenings and national publicity in the two art magazines.
There’s an opportunity to see more works by artist members of this award-winning organisation at the Croydon Art Society’s 129th Annual Exhibition, at the Clocktower Museum Gallery and foyer from November 20 to December 8.
More details on the Croydon Art Society and its activities (exhibitions, demonstrations, talks and other events open to the public) and member artists and their works are available on the website http://www.croydonartsociety.org.uk/.
- Please support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking local journalism. It’s just £4 per month, and you qualify for special discounts and offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source. Still here, after eight years, based in the heart of Croydon
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com