Two goats are urgently needing some rejuvenating TLC.
The goats used to prop up the balcony at the top of the Goat House pub in South Norwood, which was demolished in 2003. The pair were saved by a civic-minded person and now prop up a bench on the corner of Manor and Penge roads.
The nationally acclaimed community group, the South Norwood Tourist Board, is calling out to any stonemasons, sculptors or pargeters who could offer their services for free to help restore these two handsome beasts.
If you can help, please contact the SNTB via their Facebook page.
- Please support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking local journalism. It’s just £4 per month, and you qualify for special discounts and offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source. Still here, after eight years, based in the heart of Croydon
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org