A new environment protection group, Idling Action – forgive the apparent oxymoron, they really just want to reduce car emissions – will be raising awareness about the effects on air quality caused by vehicle idling at an event to be staged at Harris Invictus Academy later this month.
There will be educational sessions for pupils and an event at the end of the school day where our team of volunteers will be talking to drivers who are parked up near the school, and encouraging them to switch off when parked to improve the air quality at the school.
Parents and residents are invited to volunteer at this event.
Training will be provided from 2pm to 3pm for anyone who would like to learn about how to be effective at getting drivers to switch off when parked.
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to be trained or get involved in the event.
The event runs between 1pm and 4pm on January 25 at Harris Invictus Academy, London Road, CR0 2TB.
- Please support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking local journalism. It’s just £4 per month, and you qualify for special discounts and offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org