Inside Croydon readers who buy tickets to see the acoustic guitar concert being given by virtuosos Jon Hart and Billy Watman at The Front Room on April 5 will be able to get behind-the-scenes access, before doors open to the rest of the audience.
In an exclusive arrangement agreed by Hart and Watman especially for Inside Croydon, a select few readers of this website who buy a ticket for the gig will be given a password to be able to attend the soundcheck and witness a guitar masterclass.
The performers will also provide a brief autograph session on any of their CDs which have been bought and brought to the event, before they take to the stage for their performances.
Tickets for the concert are £10 (plus a modest booking fee) if booked via The Front Room’s website before March 29.
“It’s two years since I last played in Croydon, and I’m really looking forward to coming back,” Jon Hart told Inside Croydon.
“We hope that by allowing some concert-goers access to the sound check, they will get a better feel for us, our music and how we play.”
The concert already promises to be an outstanding musical experience, with Hart and Watman acclaimed for their musicianship by some of the biggest names in the business.
Of Watman, George Benson has called him “a special guy”, while Tony Visconti says Watman is “a little genius… extremely talented”.
Don Felder, of The Eagles, says that Watman “rocks big time”.
Guitar World magazine has described Hart as “A masterful guitar player”. This year sees the release of his latest album Annual, which is expected to achieve similar critical acclaim to his debut Reborn. Hart’s folk-fingerstyle music has seen him perform at the Isle of Wight Festival, the Ullapool Guitar Festival, as well as touring the UK in 2017.
Inside Croydon readers who wish to attend the sound check session need to then email the website (writing”Guitar Concert” in the subject field) at firstname.lastname@example.org for the password code to use on the door on the night from 6.45pm.
The concert is due to begin at 7.30pm.
This is a limited opportunity, for a strictly restricted number of iC readers, so book your tickets, and get your password, as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. First come, first served…
To book tickets, click here: https://lineupnow.com/event/billy-wattman-jon-hart-live-in-concert.
- Please support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking local journalism. It’s just £4 per month, and you qualify for special discounts and offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com