Inside Croydon is delighted to be able to offer a pair of tickets to see Banter play at The Oval Tavern next Thursday, March 7.
Banter have just embarked on their first UK tour, delighting audiences from Sheringham to South Norwood with their eclectic music.
Although just three people, they create a huge sound and have been described as the world’s smallest big band.
Banter are: Simon Care on melodeon, Nina Zella on keyboards and vocals and Tim Walker on drums, percussion, brass and dance calling. They are rooted in English traditional music but incorporate influences of pop, jazz, soul and big band sounds.
Banter brings songs that are barking social comment with pop beats, irony and ridiculously danceable tunes!
Banter play The Oval Tavern from 7.30pm on Thursday, March 7. Tickets are £10, available now from www.wegottickets.com/theukulele . The Oval Tavern is at 131, Oval Road, Croydon. CR0 6BR.
But Inside Croydon Patrons can win a pair of tickets in this little musical brain-teaser.
To enter, you must be a fully paid-up supporter of Inside Croydon, helping to fund our “opinionated and eccentric” (Private Eye magazine) news-breaking original journalism, based in the heart of Croydon. To sign-up and become a Patron, click here now.
To enter our Banter competition, just answer this simple question…
Banter and Simon Care are known for playing less-often-used instruments in their performances. Who appeared on Top of the Pops, with Rod Stewart performing Maggie May, apparently playing the mandolin?
Answers by email only, please, with “Banter competition” in the subject line, and your answer, and your name, address and a daytime contract phone number in the body of the email, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winner will be the first correct answer pulled from the Editor’s flat cap after the competition deadline of midday on Monday, March 4.
The winner will be notified by email.
No cash alternative is available, and usual Inside Croydon competition Ts & Cs apply. The Editor’s decision is final.
- Please support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking local journalism. It’s just £4 per month, and you qualify for special discounts and offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon Events: click here for details of hundreds of other events in and around Croydon
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com