The Croydon TUC is staging a talk at Ruskin House on March 14 on the role of trade unions (as the organisers put it in the 19th year of this century), “as we move into the 21st century”.
The speaker is Barry Faulkner, the political education co-ordinator for Unite.
The talk will look at the threats and opportunities of new technology and automation, the need for unions to recruit young workers, and the importance of politics and international solidarity for the movement in a global economy.
The talk begins at 7.30pm and tickets are free, though you do need to reserve your place, which can be done by clicking here and booking via Eventbrite.
Ruskin House is at 23 Coombe Road, CR0 1BD.
- Please support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking local journalism. It’s just £4 per month, and you qualify for special discounts and offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com