The well-read of South Norwood, the Page Turners book club, meet next Thursday, May 2, when the book up for discussion is Circe, by Madeline Miller.
The group usually meets on the first Thursday of each month (check their Facebook group for confirmation) at Yeha Noha, the café close to Norwood Junction Station.
Circe has been described as “a feminist slant on the Odyssey”. So expect some people to have been on “a journey” with the book…
The book club meets at 7.30pm, and is free, though the organisers do encourage those taking part to buy a drink or some food at Yeha Noha, who provide the meeting room free of charge.
- Please support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking local journalism. It’s just £4 per month, and you qualify for special discounts and offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com