Warlingham have signed Tom Parker, the former England Under-20 scrum half, as player-coach for the London South West 3 side.
Schooled at Millfield, Parker played professionally at the top-level of the English game for three seasons with London Irish.
During that time he represented the England junior side, scoring on his debut. He has since played for Barking, Ealing Trailfinders and East Grinstead.
Most recently Parker, now 31, played for Old Elthamians in National League 1.
Nick Warren, Warlingham’s director of rugby, said, “Tom will be a great addition to our coaching set-up. With his playing experience at National level, he’ll bring a wealth of knowledge for our back-line to work on. The players are really keen to work with him.
“I’m also hoping to recruit new players before the start of the season, as well as develop our former Academy players who have now moved into senior rugby and are keen to show their talents. The 2019-20 season is going to be really exciting for the club.”
Warren is also doubling the number of pre-season training sessions at Hamsey Green this summer, starting on Monday July 8 and continuing every Monday and Wednesday evening through to the start of the season in September.
All new players are very welcome to attend and can get further details from Warren on 07799 115822.
- Please support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking local journalism. It’s just £4 per month, and you qualify for special discounts and offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org