BBC television auction show Bargain Hunt is coming to Croydon later this month.
The TV cameras will be at Farleigh Court Golf Club in Selsdon on July 17, together with one of the show’s presenters, Anita Manning, for the latest auction conducted by Catherine Southon Auctioneers.
This will be where movie memorabilia from the film Willie Wonka And The Chocolate Factory will be under the hammer, together with another 500-plus lots of paintings, jewellery, furniture and ceramics. The auction starts at 11am.
Also among the items listed for the auction is a Mappin & Webb Ltd silver-plated tea set that was used in the original 1958 London stage production of My Fair Lady at the Theatre Royal that starred Julie Andrews, Rex Harrison and Stanley Holloway.
Bargain Hunt will be filming to see whether their four teams of contestants can make a profit from items that they have bought at a recent fair.
“As always, we are delighted to welcome Bargain Hunt to our auction, and we are thrilled that the lovely Anita Manning will be at the helm of the team,” said Catherine Southon, herself a television auction regular.
“The experts and contestants always buy an interesting range of lots which I shall be delighted to sell for them. I am sure it will be an exciting day.”
- This piece of local news reporting was brought to you without a penny of subsidy from the BBC or any local councils. If you want to support independent local journalism, sign up today as a supporter. For just £4 per month, you qualify for special discounts and offers. Click here for more details
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org