A group of young Scouts and Scout leaders received Deputy Lieutenant Award Certificates in a ceremony attended by the Mayor of Croydon, the Deputy Lieutenant of Croydon and friends and family at the Town Hall last night.
In total, 13 young people from the borough received certificates last night, seven of them being active members of Croydon Scouting.
The Deputy Lieutenant, Colonel Ray Wilkinson, is formally the Queen’s representative in the borough, and he presides over an annual set of awards for youth service in the community.
Those from Croydon Scouting receiving awards were Heather Clark and Daniel Bradnam (Scout Network Section) and Explorer or Young Leaders Joseph Starling, Laura Howlett, Samuel McGuire, Toby Danielson and Nathan Begley.
Starling was also presented with his Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award by the Mayor of Croydon, Councillor Humayun Kabir.
- Under The Flyover – The Inside Croydon Podcast: Episode 1, Mark Butcher on music, racism and Ashes cricket. Listen here
- Become an Inside Croydon supporter today. For £5 per month enjoy access to exclusive content and money-saving special offers, while helping to support the borough’s only independent news outlet. Click here for more details
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org