Transport for London announced yesterday that the tram service will be suspended between Reeves Corner and East Croydon overnight tonight and through Sunday morning, while cable repair work is carried out on Church Street.
TfL said, “We will need to carry out essential cable repair works near Church Street tram stop in Croydon town centre.
“Repairing the cable will reduce the chances of further major disruptive engineering works and associated closures of the tramway in the future.
“We need to carry out this work while trams are not running. This is why it must take place overnight and into Sunday morning.”
Services will not run in the town centre until noon on July 21. “During this time, services will operate on the rest of the network as normal between Wimbledon and Reeves Corner, and between East Croydon and New Addington, Beckenham and Elmers End.
“We will maintain safe walking routes at all times during the works.”
To plan an alternative route, visit https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey
- Become an Inside Croydon supporter today. For £5 per month enjoy access to exclusive content and money-saving special offers, while helping to support the borough’s only independent news outlet. Click here for more details
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org