A women’s meeting group in Selsdon has raised nearly £1,000 in donations for local charities over the summer.
Selsdon Afternoon Townswomen’s Guild presented a cheque for £500 to Lee Bennett, the director of services for the Garwood Foundation, as a donation to be used by Rutherford School.
The school, on Melville Avenue, is a specialist independent school for pupils with profound and multiple learning disabilities that provides inclusive education to learners whose very special needs are compounded by a high degree of dependency.
The Garwood Foundation is raising money for a building where 19 to 25-year-olds can be supported, and the money donated will be put towards a hydrotherapy pool as part of their Rutherford Life Skills Centre.
The Guild also raised more than £400 at a MacMillan Coffee Morning, thanks to the generosity of their members and the cakes that they baked and sold for the cancer charity.
- Become an Inside Croydon supporter today. For £5 per month enjoy access to exclusive content like the Under The Flyover podcasts, as well as money-saving special offers, while helping to support the borough’s only independent news outlet.
- Click here for more details
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com