Croydon TUC and Croydon Assembly cordially invite you to an open meeting:
A GENERAL ELECTION NOW:
STOP A “NO DEAL” BREXIT
Speaker: Dave Ward, General Secretary, Communications Workers Union (CWU)
Ward started as a messenger boy at Tooting Delivery Office, back in 1976. He was elected to General Secretary in 2015.
He is leading the trade union campaign for a New Deal for Britain’s Workers. The key demand is to end the casualisation of the nation’s workforce and to win for every worker, in every industry and sector, the basic right to job security, protected rights at work and a fair and living wage.
Trade Unionists are demanding:
- an end to the Tory government
- the removal of the threat of a “No Deal Brexit” with a General Election now and
- the election of a Labour Government led by Jeremy Corbyn.
We invite you to join us in this discussion as to the way forward in the current political and constitutional crisis.
Thursday September 12, from 7.30pm
at Rusking House, 23 Coombe Road, CR0 1BD
Book your free ticket at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/69842971207
- Inside Croydon has been digging out the news stories that those in power don’t want you to know about since 2010. Help us continue to do that, and for £5 per month get access to our Under The Flyover podcast, plus benefit from money-off offers and priority booking for special events. Click here to find out more
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com