Get your bookmarks at the ready, as the Centrale and Whitgift shopping centres invite you and the little ones to storytime corner this Friday, September 6, on National Read a Book Day.
This is the seventh book in a fantastic series of animal tales from the author which looks sure to keep the kids entertained.
Peters said: “Sharing stories is such a lovely thing to do and reading for pleasure enhances children’s lives in so many ways.
“I can’t wait to visit Whitgift Shopping Centre to read from An Otter Called Pebble on National Read a Book Day.”
Families can fully immerse themselves in the experience as they are invited to hop on a beanbag, unwind and take part in the storytime. All kids will be able to receive a copy of An Otter Called Pebble for free via the Centrale PLUS app*, which you can download here: centraleandwhitgift.co.uk/plus
Andrew Bauer, the centre director at the Whitgift Shopping Centre said: “The first week of September is always a hectic one for families as children return to school, which is why we are all excited to be hosting a calming children’s story corner to mark National Read a Book Day. We’re looking forward to having Helen Peters along on the day to entertain our guests.”
This free story-time event takes place on Friday between 3.30pm and 6.15pm in Whitgift Square, Whitgift Shopping Centre. To secure your slot, RSVP here: https://www.centraleandwhitgift.co.uk/events/storytime-with-helen-peters
*T&Cs apply. Subject to availability, while stocks last.
- Inside Croydon has been digging out the news stories that those in power don’t want you to know about since 2010. Help us continue to do that, and for £5 per month get access to our Under The Flyover podcast, plus benefit from money-off offers and priority booking for special events. Click here to find out more
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org