Kids aged from six to 18 have their big chance to take to the stage this Saturday, with a free open day at a new performing arts academy in West Croydon.
Birds of a Feather and Broadchurch actress Pauline Quirke is inviting young people for a performing arts taster session at her Croydon Academy.
The Pauline Quirke Academy Croydon is brand new, and is based at the Harris Invictus Academy.
The new school boasts fantastic performing arts facilities, and it is here that the PQA team of specialists will take Croydon youngsters through their paces rotating through hour-long sessions in Comedy and Drama, Musical Theatre and Film and Television.
The Croydon Academy’s Principal, Natalie Persaud, will warmly welcome all children and young people to the open day, with no prior experience of performing arts necessary. The open day starts with registration at 9.45am when the children are divided into age groups. This is followed by an introductory talk and then students go with teachers to sample the three PQA modules in a shortened version of a normal Academy day (they are welcome just to watch if they would prefer not to join in).
During the lessons, refreshments are served for parents and they can talk to PQA staff or observe the classes. On top of that, one lucky attendee will win a term’s free membership (terms and conditions apply).
PQA was started by Quirke and her producer husband Steve Sheen in 2007 with an Academy, and now has 180 Academies nationwide.
As well as many in-house productions, showcases and specialist masterclasses, PQA students have the chance to see their short film projects on the big screen of their local cinema, where they get to walk down the red carpet Hollywood-style.
Some films are selected for the PQA Film Festival at Cineworld in Leicester Square. Students also have the opportunity to take part in one of the PQA theatre shows in London’s glittering West End. Alongside this, PQA believes in rewarding and inspiring its students, so along with regular reports to monitor their progress, all students are offered group exams through Trinity College London – at no additional charge to parents.
For more information, click here or contact Natalie Persaud (07506 112032 / Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Inside Croydon has been digging out the news stories that those in power don’t want you to know about since 2010. Help us continue to do that, and for £5 per month get access to our Under The Flyover podcast, plus benefit from money-off offers and priority booking for special events. Click here to find out more
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com