Staff at Mayday Hospital are bidding to beat their record-breaking best when they host a “World’s Biggest Coffee Morning” for Macmillan Cancer Support this Friday.
Last year, big-hearted borough residents donated £77,000 at Macmillan Coffee Mornings across Croydon.
Macmillan Cancer Support has invested more than £890,000 in cancer staff and support services at Mayday – Croydon University Hospital – in the last three years.
This Friday, September 27, from 12.30 to 3.30pm, patients and staff, visitors and the public are invited to come along and take part in the fundraiser by indulging in a cuppa or slice of cake – all in support of people living with cancer.
Macmillan’s Victoria Heald encouraged everyone to get involved in Coffee Morning this year. “Macmillan Cancer Support receives no government funding and relies almost entirely on donations for its support, so every single Coffee Morning cuppa and cake slice can make a massive difference to people living with cancer,” she said.
It costs £204 to pay for a Macmillan nurse for a day to help patients and their families find their best way through.
“The Coffee Morning team at Croydon Hospital has a big target to beat this year,” Heald said. “But with the generosity and support of our fellow Londoners, I’m sure they’ll have no issues raising further vital funds and so ensure that Macmillan can continue to be there for people impacted by cancer, from the moment of their diagnosis.”
Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning raised £2.1million across London last year.
The fundraising fun will be taking place from 12.30pm on Friday in the main entrance to the hospital.
There will also be an auction featuring various exciting lots including a Cessna flying lesson worth £200, a meal for two at De Vere Selsdon Estate and guest passes to Dragon Quest Adventure Golf.
For more information about Croydon University Hospital’s Coffee Morning, please call Benny on 020 8401 3441.
Or to find a Macmillan Coffee Morning near you, visit: www.coffee.macmillan.org.uk
- Inside Croydon has been digging out the news stories that those in power don’t want you to know about since 2010. Help us continue to do that, and for £5 per month get access to our Under The Flyover podcast, plus benefit from money-off offers and priority booking for special events. Click here to find out more
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com