Inside Croydon is delighted to announce that Croydon Minster’s historian and tour guide, David Morgan, will be conducting a special guided tour in Remembrance Week exclusively for our readers, looking at the memorials in the church to those who gave their lives in conflicts during the 20th Century.
This “War and Peace” Tour will be held on the evening of Thursday, November 14.
Places on the tour are strictly limited, and are expected to be taken up very quickly, so you are advised to book straight away. Priority will be given to Inside Croydon subscribers.
The tour is non-religious and open to people of all faiths, and of none.
It will also provide the opportunity to enjoy the musical excellence of the Croydon Minster choir at Evensong, immediately before the tour begins.
Children over the age of eight are welcome, but only if accompanied by an adult.
The tour is free of charge, but we ask that all those attending should make a voluntary donation to the Minster, for its upkeep and restoration work, or towards its organ fund.
As Morgan highlighted in two articles published yesterday, what was previously known as Croydon Parish Church has numerous memorials to those who died in the two world wars.
His guided tour on November 14 will highlight the plaques, statues and tombs of some of those mentioned in the articles, and others.
You can ensure you get priority booking for this event by becoming an Inside Croydon Patron.
For £5 per month, Inside Croydon’s Patrons provide vital financial support for the award-winning, campaigning journalism which this website delivers daily.
In taking part in the Minster tour, participants agree that they do so at their own risk, and no liability is taken by Croydon Minster, David Morgan, Inside Croydon or its publishers
To register your name (and anyone who might accompany you) for the Inside Croydon Minster War and Peace tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the words “War and Peace Nov 14” in the subject field, and include your name and daytime contact number in the body of the email.
- Inside Croydon has been digging out the news stories that those in power don’t want you to know about since 2010. Help us continue to do that, and for £5 per month get access to our Under The Flyover podcast, plus benefit from money-off offers and priority booking for special events. Click here to find out more
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com