Our political editor, WALTER CRONXITE, introduces the second of our ground-breaking virtual hustings, this time with a candidate who has been MP since 2015
Ahead of the General Election on December 12, Inside Croydon invited some of the candidates from across the three Croydon parliamentary constituencies to join us at our studios for an Under The Flyover Election Special podcast, where we asked them the questions that you – the reader and supporters of this website – wanted to be asked.
Second up was Chris Philp, the Conservative candidate for Croydon South, the constituency with a sodding humungous majority into which he was parachuted in 2015.
We asked Philp a range of questions about his apparent change of heart, having supported Remain, to backing Bullshitter Boris Johnson’s “Get Brexit Done” approach, which appeared to have occurred around the time the Prime Minister offered him a junior minister’s job.
We put to Philp the litany of broken manifesto promises and barefaced Tory lies being presented as election commitments this time round.
We also challenged him over his support for a homophobic, racist, lying and woman-beating philanderer as Prime Minister, who casually uses language for which he refuses to apologise, laughing it off like some Old Etonian joke.
Nor did Philp attempt to apologise for his party leader during the course of our interview. Take a listen and see what you think…
The other candidates standing for election in Croydon South on December 12 are:
We wanted to put our readers’ questions to another one of the candidates standing for election, the former Downing Street aide to Theresa May, digital “mastermind” for Gavin Barwell and egregiously ambitious Coulsdon councillor Mario Creatura.
But Creatura did not respond to our invitation.
Not even to apologise for not being making himself available as part of the democratic process to be scrutinised by questions from the only award-winning news outlet based in the borough.
So we recommend that as many of our readers as possible ask Creatura the questions that they want to ask – directly. Email him at: email@example.com.
We recommend that you include in your email a clear direction that neither Creatura nor anyone from his team is allowed to add your email address or personal details to any kind of mailing list, and that you should send your questions each as a separate email, including this: “What sort of sorry wet weekend of an MP would you make if you are too afraid to answer a few questions from a local news website?”
Listen to the rest of our Under The Flyover Election podcasts:
- Inside Croydon: the only local news source based in the borough. Help to support our journalism, and get money-off offers, exclusive content and priority booking for special events. Click here to find out more
- Inside Croydon Events: click here for details of hundreds of events in and around Croydon
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org