Deadline for entries is February 8 and full details, including the downloadable entry form, are available at www.purleyrotary.com.
Teams of up to 10 swimmers can enter and raise money for their organisation or favourite charity while also supporting Purley Rotary’s charities for 2020, which include Mind in Croydon and the Daniel Spargo-Mabbs Foundation.
Teams swim for a total of 55 minutes, with each team member swimming a length in turn. Over the two Saturdays, more than 40 teams of swimmers aged from eight to 80-plus take part.
For those who can’t raise a team, you can still support Purley Rotary charities via https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/purleyrotary.
“Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you at the poolside!” said Swimathon Coordinator Tony Farrell.
Further information by email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking journalism, and get money-off offers, exclusive content and priority booking for special events. Click here to find out more
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For three consecutive years, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Inside Croydon has been the source for award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by 721,000 unique visitors in 2019