The newest branch of Creams, the dessert restaurant, will be giving away 3,000 scoops of free gelato this weekend to celebrate opening its café in Croydon.
Creams Croydon opens its doors for the first time today in Valley Leisure Park – what was previously Subway – and from noon on Saturday, February 1, they will start giving away free gelato to lucky customers on a first-come, first-served basis.
Sweet-toothed Croydon locals are encouraged to get down early for their free scoop of Creams’ delicious gelato, which is made at its one-of-a-kind gelato factory in east London.
The 80-seat restaurant and takeaway is set to employ more than 25 staff and offers an unrivalled range of delicious, freshly prepared treats, including several expertly-crafted cookie dough combinations, crêpes, and waffles.
“We can’t wait to introduce Creams to the local community and would love to see plenty of people at our grand opening on February 1 for delicious gelato,” said Lauren Haslewood, the company’s marketing director. “We’re confident that our dessert café will not only be loved by busy shoppers but will also become a great spot for those looking for a romantic date after watching a film or a game of bowling. We look forward to welcoming Croydon’s biggest dessert fans!”
In addition to its main menu, the new store in Croydon will be offering a limited-edition Valentine’s menu which runs from February 7-16.
The menu welcomes three love-ly desserts, perfect for sharing, including an exquisite hand-drawn lace crepe filled with piña colada gelato, a sensational white chocolate cookie dough centred waffle with pomegranate gelato, or a wrapped chocolate crepe filled with oozing melted chocolate fudge cake.
With vegan and gluten-free options available, Creams’s every day celebrations cater to everyone. Thick milkshakes, smoothies and soda floats, plus teas and coffees accompany the dessert extravaganza.
The store is still recruiting staff. To find out more about current job opportunities at the store, please get in touch with the store on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking journalism, and get money-off offers, exclusive content and priority booking for special events. Click here to find out more
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For three consecutive years, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Inside Croydon has been the source for award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by 721,000 unique visitors in 2019