Croydon’s newest brewery will be opening its on-site taproom next month.
Craft brewers Anspach and Hobday have just started brewing in their new site in the Valley Point Industrial Estate, off the Purley Way, and from Saturday March 7, the taproom – where customers can visit to try the products from the brewery – will also be open.
The taproom will have six lines of Anspach and Hobday beer, where it can be enjoyed in the freshest way possible: right in the place it’s brewed. The taproom will be open every Saturday from noon to 6pm.
On the opening day, patrons will be able to see the new brewery, sample the beer – even watch the Six Nations rugby matches.
The launch of the Croydon brewery comes after a £500,000 round of crowdfunding in early 2019, allowing the brewery to expand beyond its original Bermondsey base.
The new site is expected to create three full-time and four part-time jobs over the course of three years, including roles such as production, sales and in the taproom itself.
“Following our preview party in late December, we’ve been overwhelmed with the positive reception we’ve had from all over Croydon and Sutton,” said Jack Hobday, the brewers’ chairman and co-founder.
“That’s why we’re so excited to finally answer a question we have been asked since the beginning – ‘When’s the taproom opening?’ We can’t wait for it to be open every Saturday, supplying visitors from near and far with the finest and freshest Anspach and Hobday beer – right where it’s brewed.”
Anspach and Hobday was founded in 2013 and from their base in a south London railway arch, they have developed a diverse range of beers, inspired by traditional styles remade for the 21st-century beer drinker, brewing everything from historic ales and porters to experimental sours and IPAs.
- Help support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking journalism, and get money-off offers, exclusive content and priority booking for special events. Click here to find out more
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For three consecutive years, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Inside Croydon has been the source for award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by 721,000 unique visitors in 2019