A South Croydon-based provider of medical supplies to the NHS and healthcare distribution companies is ramping up supplies of PPE – Personal Protective Equipment – with support from their bank after having an increased funding package approved within 45 minutes.
BlueKit Medical sources and provides surgical and medical equipment. The business was established in South Croydon eight years ago. Lloyds Bank has provided a funding package that has allowed the firm to respond to increased demand for equipment, including face masks, gowns and gloves.
The funding is also being used to ensure that the equipment can be delivered faster. The products, which are normally shipped, are being flown in to speed up their availability to frontline staff.
Rebecca Porter, the managing director at BlueKit Medical, said: “With demand for medical supplies available to the NHS at record levels, it followed that we’d have to increase the quantity of products we’re shipping from abroad.
“The flexibility and advice offered to us from Lloyds Bank, as well as the speed and efficiency across their teams to increase our funding at short notice, means that we’re able to support frontline NHS staff when it’s most needed.”
- Help support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking journalism, and get money-off offers, exclusive content and priority booking for special events. Click here to find out more
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For three consecutive years, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Inside Croydon has been the source for award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by 721,000 unique visitors in 2019