Bluebird Care Croydon is going green this month and is backing National Allotments Week, which begins tomorrow.
The National Allotment Society strives to protect, promote and preserve allotments. Their campaign has been running annually for the last 18 years and the theme for this year is “Growing Food for Health and Well-being”.
The week aims to raise awareness of the physical and mental health benefits of growing, cooking and eating your own fruits and vegetables, as well as the positive impact it can bring to communities. Gardening is an excellent way to keep active and engaged in the community, with among the benefits:
- Connects you with nature and wildlife
- Good for the environment
- Sense of achievement and satisfaction
- Improves physical health and mental well-being
- Friendships with other allotment holders
- Tasty home-grown, fresh and seasonal produce!
Dean Slade, the managing director of Bluebird Care Croydon, said: “Staying at home this summer? Gardening is great for our social, mental and physical well-being. It’s an opportunity to take a break from the busy world and enjoy the peace which nature provides.
“Why not take a snapshot of what you’re growing and email it to us? We’ll then share it on our social media channels!”
Bluebird Care is an award-winning provider of home and live-in care, specialising in working with customers who live with dementia, physical disabilities and many other acute and chronic conditions. Bluebird Care works alongside their customers’ families, social services and the NHS to ensure each person receives the care they need.
Bluebird Care offers a unique service of tailored care visits which range from anything from 30 minutes to full live-in support. As well as personal care they also help with meal preparation, welfare checks, shopping, social trips, visits to the hospital and provide extra support for post-discharge customers.
For more details contact Bluebird Care by calling 020 8686 9496, emailing email@example.com, or by visiting their website www.bluebirdcare.co.uk/croydon/contact-us
- 2010 to 2020: Inside Croydon has been delivering local community service and local community news for 10 years. To support independent local journalism in Croydon, please sign up today as a supporter. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For three consecutive years, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Inside Croydon has been the source for award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by 721,000 unique visitors in 2019