Twelve-year-old Ellis Jurado supports Mind in Croydon each year with fundraising events. This year he set himself an art challenge to produce 31 drawings in 31 days in October: he raised £1,250 online.
Ellis’s Mum, Lucie, said, “We knew that World Mental Health Awareness Day was October 10, so decided it was the perfect month for him to complete his ‘Inktober’ challenge.
“We set up an online fundraising page and hoped to raise £500 for Mind. Within the first eight days Ellis had already hit £500. So we increased the target to £1,000 and by October 31 and 31 fabulous drawings later, he managed to raise a whopping £1,250!”
This fantastic fundraising effort will go towards supporting the services that Mind in Croydon currently provides to people and families in Croydon, including social groups and activities, many of which have moved online during the covid-19 crisis.
Philippa Thompson, the chief executive at Mind in Croydon, said, “We are all so impressed and delighted with what Ellis has done to raise money to support people with mental health issues in Croydon.
“Good mental health often starts with kindness and hope, and that’s what Ellis has given to all of us.”
Mind in Croydon offers support services including advocacy, advice and information on benefits carers’ support, counselling, employment support, and various groups and activities which give people a chance to socialise and learn new skills.
For more information on Mind in Croydon and the mental health support services they provide visit www.mindincroydon.org.uk, contact us on 020 8668 2210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2010 to 2020: Inside Croydon has been delivering local community service and local community news for 10 years. To support independent local journalism in Croydon, please sign up today as a supporter. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For three consecutive years, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Inside Croydon has been the source for award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by 721,000 unique visitors in 2019