By SANJANA IDNANI
Start It Right – a new youth-led organisation – will be welcoming young people through its doors for the first time with its summer holiday playscheme, from July 26 to August 27.
The playscheme is open to children aged between eight and 12 years old and will take place at Old Town Youth Club, Duppas Hill Terrace.
For £5.99 per day, attendees can learn new skills and try out a range of fun activities including arts and crafts, media and sport. The cost includes the provision of refreshments throughout the day, but children must bring their own packed lunches.
Start It Right was started during the pandemic last year with a vision of engaging young people through informal learning and play.
In addition to Start It Right’s holiday playscheme, the organisation hopes to continue delivering its Food and Essentials Hub service, which provides donations to Croydon residents. It also aspires to set up more youth projects and a Thrive ’N Flex mentoring programme to further support Croydon’s youth.
Now that covid restrictions are easing, Start It Right aims to launch youth projects across London.
The organisation marked its launch in Croydon by holding a community event earlier this month, where families enjoyed a fun-filled day out and connected with the community. The event was supported by the National Lottery and sponsored by Playtime at the Pavilion.
- You can support Inside Croydon’s news-breaking independent local journalism. Sign up today as a subscriber. Click here
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named the country’s rottenest borough in 2020 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine – the fourth successive year that Inside Croydon has been the source for such award-winning nominations
- Inside Croydon: 3million page views in 2020. Seen by 1.4million unique visitors