- Inside Croydon depends on regular subscriptions from our readers to enable us to continue to deliver exclusive, independent, headline-making journalism – the sort of scrutiny that Croydon Council would prefer did not exist. Please sign up today as a subscriber. Click here
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named the country’s rottenest borough in 2020 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine – the fourth successive year that Inside Croydon has been the source for such award-winning nominations
- Inside Croydon: 3million page views in 2020. Seen by 1.4million unique visitors
Says it all really – Croydon Art Society Exhibition in Dorking!!! Presumably a suitable local venue couldn’t be found? The Fairfield Halls, I guess, weren’t appropriate.
The Fairfield Halls – now an arts centre without an art gallery – has not been available for the CAS exhibition since 2016. This year, the Clocktower was also not available.
It does seem strange that the Fairfield Halls do no longer encourage local artists with a showcase for their work. In fact from my own experience it has become almost impossible for local artists to find a suitable venue in Croydon to hold solo exhibitions.