Nominations are open to nominate your NHS “Star of the Year” as part of the Croydon Stars Awards, the annual celebration of more than 4,000 NHS heroes working for and with Croydon Health Services NHS Trust.
Being staged for the first time since 2019, this year’s event promises to be an unforgettable evening, recognising the incredible day-to-day efforts of NHS staff and highlighting the heroic actions of those working on the frontline during the covid pandemic.
Croydon residents are invited to nominate their very own “Star of the Year” in a highly coveted category which celebrates health workers who individually or as part of a team have demonstrated incredible kindness, compassion and dedication.
Nominees could work in either Croydon University Hospital or Purley War Memorial Hospital, or one of the Trust’s many community NHS services within the borough, and should have made a significant and memorable difference to the life and experience of a local NHS patient or their family.
Members of the public can nominate any staff, including doctors, nurses, midwives, healthcare assistants, pharmacists, radiographers or any other member of our clinical teams.
You can also shine a light on members of non-clinical teams, from porters and domestics through to administration staff and catering colleagues. The award is also open for teams, who have worked together to provide exceptional care for people in our borough.
Nominations can be made individually by a patient or service user at the Trust, or on behalf of our patients by their family, friends or carers.
The finalists will be celebrated at a special ceremony in November.
To nominate your “Star of the Year”, click here to visit the Croydon Health Services NHS Trust website and fill out the simple online form.
Alternatively email email@example.com with your name, the name of your nominee, the team they work in and your reasons for nominating.
Nominations for the Croydon Stars close on July 26.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- By having a comment section, we provide all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Details of how this works can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- Inside Croydon: 3.3million page views in 2021. Seen by 1.6million unique visitors in that 12-month period
As hard working and wonderful as the medical staff of the NHS are, I would nominate the vital but much overlooked, cleaning staff. You could be the best brain surgeon in the world but without a clean operating theatre, you cannot work. These people are a vital thread of our NHS and I for one, would like them to receive this award by way of letting them know that although on the whole, the work they do isn’t credited as being vital in the same way as nurses etc., it actual is and that they are appreciated.. Awarding this to any cleaning team would also remind members of the public that cleaners along with nurses and doctors, brain surgeons and scientists are vital to the running of the NHS.