The Croydon Oddfellows has this month presented a cheque for £2,255.00 to the National Deaf Children’s Society, the nominated charity of the chairman.
The money was raised through the fundraising efforts of its members over the past year.
Colin Way battled storms Dudley, Eunice and Franklin, a broken toe and blistered heels to raise £1,280 on a 874-mile virtual walking challenge from Land’s End to John O’Groats, and fellow members Norma McKnight (a former chairman) and Ann Squirrell ran a variety of fundraising activities and raffles to bring it to the total amount.
Dawn Taylor, the Oddfellows branch secretary, said, “Members of the Oddfellows in Croydon are a determined lot and a huge amount of effort went into this fundraising.
“The Oddfellows is all about friendship and helping others so it’s second nature to support charities such as the National Deaf Children’s Society.”
To find out more about the activities of the Oddfellows in Croydon and its fundraising, or to receive a local events diary, contact Dawn Taylor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- By having a comment section, we provide all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Details of how this works can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- Inside Croydon: 3.3million page views in 2021. Seen by 1.6million unique visitors in that 12-month period