A fire at a house in South Norwood this morning which led to a man being taken to hospital is under investigation by the emergency services.
Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters tackled a house fire on Whitehorse Lane.
Half of the ground floor and most of the first floor of a terraced house was damaged by fire.
Three people left the house before firefighters arrived and were assessed by London Ambulance Service crews at the scene.
The Brigade’s 999 Control Officers received 12 calls about the fire.
The London Fire Brigade was called at 7.54am and the fire was under control by 9.06am.
Firefighters from West Norwood, Woodside and Norbury fire stations attended.
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Our comments policy can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine