A D V E R T I S E M E N T
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Our comments policy can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine
I am sorry, but WOMEN make up 50% of the UK population. This topic is “Education”. 50% of school pupils and students are female. Where are the women speaking on this subject. Not to have gender balanced programme in this day and age on such a topic is a quiet act of violence silencing women.
I do not want to hear a man telling me “no dear, you are over-reacting”. Public debate is important in shaping understanding and inclusion. To exclude women is to deny them a voice in this important area.
This is Children’s Mental Health Week. It takes a village to raise a child. If we exclude the voices of 50% of the population, we are inevitably going to have problems….