Early bird customers who flock to the new Marks and Spencer store on the Purley Way when it opens next Thursday could win themselves a Golden Ticket worth £200 of goods from the store.
The 38,000 sqft new store features a clothing and home department and a large M&S Foodhall with a new fresh-market feel. Highlights include fresh displays brimming with produce grown by M&S Select Farms, an M&S Bakery serving freshly baked breads and cakes and a dedicated Wine Shop featuring an award winning selection of popular favourites.
Percy Pig will be on-hand to welcome shoppers to the new store as the team hands out Golden Tickets to the first 200 customers through the door. Every golden ticket-holder is guaranteed a win – whether it’s a free bag of Percy Pigs or freshly baked cookies from the bakery, with one lucky customer winning a £200 voucher.
The store is on the site of what was the John Lewis At Home shop in the Purley Way Retail Park Croydon, CR0 4XJ. It opens its doors to customers at 9am on Thursday April 27.
It will offer cutting-edge digital technology, with a Click and Collect and Returns services. Customers can skip the queues altogether by using the Scan and Shop feature on the M&S app to scan and bag items as they go.
Around 150 staff have been recruited to operate the new store. Camilla Harris, its manager, said: “We can’t wait until next week when we can finally welcome customers through our doors!
“It’s been a busy few weeks behind the scenes working hard to put things together and we’re excited for everyone to see what the new store has to offer.”
The store is open Monday to Saturday 8am to 10pm and Sunday 11am to 5pm.
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As featured on Google News Showcase
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine
You have to crossover7 lanes of traffic to get to M/S if you arrive by tram or bus . Build a bridge
All the best to M and S for the success of their new investment.
Just rather sad that this will probably result in M and S old and new customers driving further to buy their food and other shopping, adding to the national drive mileage and, locally, the pollution along Purley Way. Another bit of the Americanisation of UK society.
Free parking is a key aspect of the retail offer for perhaps 95% of UK supermarket.s
Croydon town centre just can’t offer the same.