Supermarket chain Aldi is offering to help communities in Croydon celebrate the Coronation in style with a huge voucher giveaway.
Aldi is giving away £500 in vouchers to spend in their stores to 10 lucky winners to purchase food, drinks, and decorations for any street parties they are planning to host.
All entrants need to do is tag their local community Facebook group or a friendly neighbour on the Aldi Facebook page to be in with a chance of winning.
Entries are open until midnight on Thursday (April 27).
Winners will be contacted on April 28 to allow plenty of time for them to stock up on all their street party essentials.
The supermarket’s Coronation-inspired range is already available in stores and includes a variety of party essentials, such as its Specially Selected Coronation Chicken Pizza, Specially Selected English Sparkling Rosé and limited edition beers, as well as bunting, balloons and flags.
Aldi’s Richard Thornton said: “We know how much people love to come together to celebrate special occasions, and it really is something us Brits do best. We hope our vouchers help communities across the country get into the spirit for this momentous event with street parties fit for a King!”
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As featured on Google News Showcase
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine