Sing Out Purley is staging an afternoon tea concert on Tuesday July 25, from 3.30pm, when the enthusiastic community choir performs some of their favourite pieces.
Sing Out Purley runs every Tuesday up at St Barnabas Church Hall, 69 Higher Drive, CR8 2HR, in term time. All are welcome – no experience necessary.
The programme for the concert is not finalised yet, but could include sea shanty “John Kanakanaka”, “Shenandoah”, “Goodnight Sweetheart” and Abba classic “Thank You for the Music”.
The church is at the top of Higher Drive just past the building site on the right as you come up from Purley town centre. The hall is round the back.
The 434 bus stops 100 yards down Higher Drive at the junction of Northwood Avenue.
Check dates www.allsaintsandstbarnabas.co.uk/calendar.htm
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As featured on Google News Showcase
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine